Fischism

Fischism is so the cousin for you.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sad Ears (but a happier updated Fischism)

Mags: Look at the longest link ever
Leonie: sweet Jesus
Leonie: that's some link
Leonie: oh!
Mags: whoa
Leonie: I love the shirt
Mags: that is some link
Mags: but the shirt is awesome
Mags: also
Mags: http://www.onehorseshy.com/highbrow/grammar_police/
Mags: with a more manageable link
Leonie: lol
Leonie: if I walk into my sociolinguistics class with a shirt like that on
Leonie: my professor would hate me forever
Mags: what about this one?
Mags: http://www.glarkware.com/securestore/c181846p16737910.2.html
Leonie: which is a good enough reason to get one
Leonie: I like that one
Leonie: the thing is
Leonie: that professor is always going on about how there's no such thing as 'good grammar'
Leonie: and how language evolves
Mags: boo
Mags: grammar is everything
Leonie: and how there are always "these people who think they are better than others because they adhere to a set of rules that were decided upon years ago"
Leonie: and bah
Leonie: I disagree with him
Leonie: there is nothing wrong with using adverbs
Mags: if for no other reason than the fact that I shudder when I hear someone say "you did good"
Mags: or " we have 7 less animals"
Mags: or something like that
Leonie: YES!
Leonie hugs Mags
Mags: it makes me want to cry
Leonie: it makes me want to poke my eyes out when I read it
Leonie: and cut off my ear like Rembrandt when I hear it
Leonie: that's what happened to him you know
Leonie: someone used such bad Dutch grammar that he couldn't take it anymore
Mags: it's the second one that gets me even more
Mags: because no one thinks anything is wrong with it
Mags: and it makes me want to scream
Mags: there was a Starbucks billboard on my way to work
Mags: that said "More taste, less calories"
Mags: nearly led me to vandalism just so I could correct it
Mags: and write "FEWER!!! FEWER YOU IGNORANT FUCKS!!!"
Leonie: !!!!!!111one
Mags: heh
Leonie: you realise what you've just done, right?
Mags: gone grammar crazy?
Leonie: you've just been part of the creation of the first Fischism post in four months
Leonie: you did good :P


While I'm updating and all, I would just like to apologise for the excessive lack of updates over the past errr... four months. I've been home for a month and half of that time, and unfunny for the rest of it. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, with the return of uni procrastination and broadband internet, you might see more of Fischism in the near future. Stay tuned.

And in more unrelated waffling, happy birthday Ramona. Little fat pony.

2 Comments:

  • At March 04, 2006 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was really enjoying this post. Loving the shirts. But Rembrandt? *shakes head in disappoinment* That's Van Gogh, ladies.

     
  • At March 05, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger Leonie said…

    Can you tell I've never taken art history? :D That was a bit of artistic license kicking in. I have it on good authority that, although he may not have cut his ear off, Rembrandt was a grammar nazi :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home